I thought it would be fun to do a library related tag. For people coming across my brand new blog who might not know – I am a librarian! We’ll see how this goes…
- How often do you visit your local library?
Sooooo…I work at a library. On a regular week I work Monday-Friday so I’m there every week day. My work library isn’t the same as my home library, though. I would say I go to my home library every other week.
- Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you know you can read or are you someone who only checks out exactly amount of books you intent on reading before they are due?
Obbbbbbviouslllllyyyyyyyyy. I, on average, have 10 physical books checked out at the library on any given week. I have a problem.
- How old were you when you got your first library card?
My family didn’t live in a library district until we were annexed while I was in high school. I didn’t have a proper public library card until I was a junior in high school (16 years old).
- Do you go to your library looking for a particular book or do you check out anything that peaks your interest?
When I’m working I will just browse and judge books more by their cover or if someone mentions really liking it. When I visit my local library it is usually to find a specific book that I know is there.
- Do you use your library to check out just books or do you also check out DVDs, audiobooks, etc?
I use every part of the library. CDs, books, DVDs, audiobooks, graphic novels, online/e-resources. All of it. I LOVE THE LIBRARY!
- From what section of your library do you check out a majority of your books? (YA, middle grade, adult, nonfiction, etc)
Recently I have been dipping more into the YA section. And the picture books in my attempt to read every book off of the Book Riot 100 Picture Books list.
- What is your favorite part of using your local library?
I love being able to try new things! I don’t have a ton of friends around all the time who I can swap books with so it is so nice to borrow anything I would like to try (and not have to invest money in). What a wonderful thing!